Welcome to Wilson Hutton Quantity Surveyors
Our team of quantity surveyors are experienced in measurement and production of bills of quantities for all types of construction projects. Our services are especially tailored to meet the needs of contractors who are tendering for public and private construction projects, which range in value from £5 million to £50 million.
Repeat clients who use our Bills of Quantities
The success of Wilson Hutton Associates Limited is built upon recommendations and repeat business. A few examples of leading contractors who regularly use our quantity surveying services include:-
- Balfour Beatty
- Bouygues UK
- Drew Construction Group
- Galliford Try
- ISG plc
- Kier Construction
- Kier Living
- Mansell Homes
- McLaren Construction
- Midas Group
- Rydon Construction Limited
- Sir Robert McAlpine
- Vinci Construction (UK) Limited
How to receive a quotation for provision of Bill of Quantities
Procurement of the services offered by Wilson Hutton Associates Limited could not be more straightforward, comprising 5 stages:-
- Initially contact our office either by telephone on 01202 840078, email email@example.com or complete the Enquiry Form.
- Provide an indication of the project, timescale and scope of works together with initial design information.
- Unlike a number of PQS Practices Wilson Hutton Associates Limited will provide a fixed price quotation for the services required. This takes away the worry of entering into a percentage based agreement enabling the Client to accurately budget for the costs involved.
- In the event that WHA’s fee proposal is acceptable then simply provide written confirmation of instructions to proceed, either by post or email. Wilson Hutton Associates Limited will confirm your instructions and the agreed programme for the works to be undertaken.
- In order to complete the process, new Clients may be required to complete a Credit application form.
More information about Bills of Quantities
Measurement and production of bills of quantities is undertaken on a project specific basis. The structure will be dependent upon any client prescribed criteria including, for example, specific tender or contract sum analysis requirements. Upon receipt of an enquiry and prior to commencement of measurement, Wilson Hutton Associates Limited will prepare an elemental breakdown for the project and agree this with their client. Generally, measurement and bill of quantity production will adhere to the industry standard Building Cost Information Service (BCIS) elements, namely:-
- 1A Substructure
- 2A Structural frame
- 2B Upper floors
- 2C Roof
- 2D Stairs
- 2E External walls
- 2F Windows and external doors
- 2G Internal walls and partitions
- 2H Internal doors and glazed screens
- 3A Wall finishes
- 3B Floor finishes
- 3C Ceiling finsihes
- 4A Fittings
- 4B Loose furniture and equipment
- 5A Sanitary appliances
- 5B-5M Services installations
- 5N BWIC with services
- 6A Site works
- 6B Below ground drainage
- 6C External services
- Preliminaries, design fees, on costs and the like
The foregoing elements will be further enhanced to suit the particular project to include, for example, Demolitions & Alterations, Adopted Highway works, Adopted Drainage works and the like.
Bill of Quantity data formats
Bills of quantities prepared by Wilson Hutton Associates Limited are available in several different formats designed for ease of use. The formats available adhere to the principals laid down by the Construction Industry Trading Electronically (CITE) industry body which was established to ensure that compliant software applications can facilitate electronic data exchange with the minimum of user intervention. Bill of Quantity formats that can be provided by Wilson Hutton Associates Limited are:-
- Tradional hard copy.
- Portable Document Format (PDF).
- CITE (ebq) format.
- MS Excel.
- Text (ASCII) format
Should you require any additional please contact our office on 01202 840078
Thank you for visiting Wilson Hutton Associates Quantity Surveyors